1. Your loneliness can trick you into missing the wrong party. Take a second to ask yourself whether you really miss them — or whether you miss the sentiments of being wanted, whether you miss having someone around to keep you firm, whether you miss knowing you were never alone. If you’re simply feeling lonely, then there are other people out there who can help you out. You don’t have to settle for this person you already know is bad for you. You don’t have to run back to them.
2. You cut them out of your life for a reasonablenes. You are likely to be inhabiting on the good instants you shared. You might be missing them because they brought you so much peace and happiness once upon a time. But you cannot forget about the ache and grief they made as well. You cannot focus on the good without recollecting the bad. There was a reason you walked away from this person, so don’t trick yourself into feeling like it was a mistake. Remember why you walked away in the first place. You owe it to your past soul to respect government decisions you made.
3. You don’t want to repeat biography. You don’t want to give them another chance to hurt you. And you don’t want to put yourself through the tendernes of walking away again. It was hard enough to say goodbye the first time. Do you really want to repeat history? Do you really want to take a step backward when you’re doing so well without them? Although you might miss them right now, that doesn’t mean you’re meant to reunite with them again. That doesn’t mean it’s a good idea to forgive and forget.
4. It’s okay to have conflicted feelings about them. Remember, it’s not stupid for you to miss someone who hurt you. It’s natural for you to think about them from time to time. It can even be health for you to relive the good moments in your head — but you cannot made those feelings trick you into making a mad decision. You cannot ranged back to the past because your future is going to be so much brighter without them.
5. Moving on can take a long time. You shouldn’t feel like you should be over them by now. You shouldn’t beat yourself up over the fact that they still pop into your brain most frequently than you like to admit. Everyone’s heart soothes differently. Some this needs more occasion than others. Even though it might feel like you’ll never get over them, you are able to. You simply need a little more time. And distance.
6. They actually don’t deserve you. You don’t have to settle for someone who is incapable of desiring you fully, someone who is incapable of rising to your hopes. You can do so much better than them, so don’t sell yourself short. Don’t assume you’re unlovable. You’re going to find someone who fits you so many of them. And then you’ll never miss such person or persons again.
Read more: thoughtcatalog.com